Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Remember Iowa

I have to say that while sitting in my cozy house that I've thought little of all the flooding going on in Iowa. Then I read this post by Darla. It occurred to me the double standard that I've had. Heck, I can remember baking cookies and selling them with my kids to raise some money for the Katrina victims. I don't think I've talked to my kids at all about Iowa. Read Darla's post. If I can find a more direct way to help, then I'll post it. Otherwise, I think the Red Cross might be a good place to start.


I copied these photos from Darla's site with her permission.

2 comments:

Darla said...

Thank you for helping make people aware.

As far as I know there is no orgnized relief fun going on, so the American Red Cross is your best choice.

Anonymous said...

Not everyone has forgotten Iowa. Here's a press release about Dallas Clark, a tight end for the Indianapolis Colts, who's raised some money for flood disaster relief in his home state.
http://tinyurl.com/67hvu7