Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My First Meme (don't even know how to pronounce it)

I got tagged for a meme! Wow! I've never felt so....relevant... to the Web! Well, thanks to Lori for this. Lori, I looked for you at Women of Faith (I figured since it was New England, I'd find you as soon as I stepped into the place) but got caught up rockin' to Nicole C. Mullen.

So here are the rules for the meme:
1) Link to the person who tagged me.
2) Mention the rules.
3) Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about myself.
4) Tag six other blogger´s by linking to them.
5) Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they’ve been tagged.

My Six Quirky Things?
1. I can't put a book down even if it stinks. I'm not one of those ever sunny optimists until it comes to books. There have been many books that, by the tenth page, I'm thinking, "This person got paid for this?!?" But I read it through to the end because I keep thinking, "Well, maybe it will get better." It usually doesn't.

2. I don't eat any fruit. Unless its apples baked in a pie. Or melon with prociutto.

3. If I'm alone in my car, I like to turn the music up real. Real loud. Like dumb teenager loud.

4. "Clustered" things creep me out. Things like a swarm of bees, lots of ants in one place, a pomegranate interior. Don't ask, I don't understand it either.

5. I love to smell babies' heads. New borns, babies who just took a bath, my kids after playing out side. Now I'm pregnant and I’m excited I get to sniff a newborn again (that earthy smell only lasts a week or so)

6. I don't like the color sea-foam green. I don't think I have repressed bad memories of institutional buildings, but something about the color makes me nauseous. There's a day care near me where the exterior is entirely a heinous shade of sea foam green. To paint a place where children play that color is a grievous sin in my book.

So there it is. When I first started I thought I'd have a difficult time coming up with six. Now that I'm started, I could probably get to 20. Oops...time to eat.

I tag.....
1. Gail
2. Bo Hunkmeister
3. Steve, the only other blogger I know
4. I'd send this to Mary Ellen but she doesn't blog!!

2 comments:

geisme said...

Well, obviously the only one who's blogged in 2 months is BO! Is this 'cuz y'all just went on a family trip??? Well, anyhow, like I said, I don't do these things. In fact, this is the 2nd one I've been tagged for. The other reason is I don't know how to do all that linky love stuff. Just don't get it. So when you are ready to call me & walk me through it, I'll be happy to do your "meme"!
HAH!!!!

Lori Watson said...

#3 & #5 I'm with you on, the others...well...you *are* quirky one, aren't you? ;-) GRIN.