Wednesday, July 02, 2008

My Current List of Things I Want to Read

1.The Natural Child.-Jan Holt
2.Parenting the Strong Willed Child - Rex Forehand, Nicholas Long
3.Between Two worlds-Zainab Salbi
4.What Color is a Conservative? - JC Watts
5. Diamonds, Gold & War (So. Africa) Martin Meredith
6. Trees of Smoke Denis Johnson
7.Reading Lolita in Tehran - Azar Nafisi
8.Dark Star Safari-Paul Theroux
9. Ms. Moffets First Year-Abby Goodnough
10.A Survivor's Guide to High School-Luann Schackelford
11.Dumbing Us Down-John Taylor Gatto
12.The Sisters-Mary Lovell
13. Infidel - Ayaan Hirsi
14.Tending the Heart of Virtue - Vigen Guroian
15.Scratch Beginnings - Adam Shepard
16. Saving Childhood - Michael& Diane Medved
17. Eat The Rich - PJ O'Rourke
18. To Begin the World Anew
19. Homosexuality and the Politics of Truth - Jeffery Satinover
20. Raising a Happy, Unsoiled Child - Burton White
21. Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness - Peggy Noonan
22. Motherhood Deferred - Anne Taylor Flemming
23. The Case for Marriage - Linda Waite & Maggie Gallagher
24. It Takes a Parent to Raise a Child - Glen Griffin
25. Kinsey: Crimes & Consequences - Judith Reisman
26. Moral Grandeur & Spiritual Audacity - Abraham Joshua Heschel
27. My Father's Secret War- Lucinda Franks
28. Domestic Tranquility - F. Carolyn Graglia
29. The Divorce Culture - Barbara Dafoe Whitehead
30. The Man Who Would Be King - Ben Macintyre
31. The Princess Bride
32. War Against Schools: Academic Child Abuse - S. Engelmann
33. The Great Mortality-John Kelly
34. The Joy of Being a Woman -lngrid Trobisch
35. 7 Myths of Working Mothers - Suzanne Venker
36. Spin Sisters - Myrna Blyth
37. Parent Survival Guide - Dr Todd Cartmell
38. Blg Fat Cookles-Elinor Klivans
39. Thomas Keller
40. let's eat-beatrice hollyer
41. Eleventh Hour Eleventh Day Eleventh Month-Joseph Persico
42. Bad Childhood Good Life-Laura Schlessinger
43. Not Your Mothers Life-AmyLowe
44. The Innocent Man - John Grisham

This is off my Palm Pilot hence the bad typing. The above list also assumes I don't get my hands on any more NY Times Book Reviews.

1 comment:

GE is me said...

Well, some of these look good, some I'm curious as to why you put them on your list & only 1 can I say I've actually read. That is #44. I'm a huge Grisham fan & I think I've read everything he's written. 44 on your list is a good read. I also seem to notice a trend in your list of things to read.