Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Exciting News

Well, in case you haven't heard the news yet, the Domestic Goddess is in the family way, she has a bun in the oven, she is with child, all these euphemisms to say I am pregnant.

Again.

While not exactly planned, we're not surprised either. And we're happy. After all, if God rolls up in the 'hood with a tricked out Lincoln Navigator just for you, you're not going to tell him that now is really not a good time. Well, maybe with the gas prices being what they are...exchange the Navigator with a trip to Hawaii and you'll get my point.

One cool thing about being pregnant is the potential blog fodder. Why I could post at least week's worth of material on people's comments to me alone. Just the other day, I had a woman ask me, "Do you know what causes that?" Being hormonal, I answered, "Sex or water and I'm not willing to give up either." Mind you, this was to an elder of my church at a Christian woman's conference. Do you think God is in heaven, covering his eyes and slowly shaking his head? Yeah, I think so too.

Anyway, as usual with the blog, I was trying to think of a nickname for Number #6 (which itself seems a little cold) when I was inspired. You can blame the Mother In Law for this one. Bo Hunkmeister sent his mom a birthday card saying "with love from G, H, W, H, J and TBA." The Mother In Law writes back, "Congrats! PS. No family humor on this one. You cannot name him/her TBA. Promise???" Ooo, I can't resist! TBA! So until we can think of a better name than Thomasina Bernice Angelica or Titus Benedictus Alfonso, we'll just refer to our little blessing as TBA.

Hey! I just thought of something! TBA-The Blessing Abundant

I'm so clever....

1 comment:

Lori Watson said...

Congratulations!!!! :-D

As a mom of seven, I empathize with you on the comments. I remember my uncle one time wouldn't stop antagonizing me and he let loose with the "Don't you know what causes that?" comment and I came back with, "Yeah, and it's a lot of fun." Shut him up for awhile anyway. ;-)