Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Some Funny Things

At least I think so.

1. I wrote a book review of Trisha Ashworth and Amy Nobile's "I Was a Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids: Reinventing Modern Motherhood" on Amazon. The same rambunctious one I wrote here expect for being a bit more condensed. Anyway, I looked up the review the other day and some one left a comment "Do you even have children?" Yeah, just a few....

2. W. Bear, my son was reading the list of character traits we have hanging up on our wall (because I'm that kind of homechooling mom) and says, "Well, I tried self control but I didn't like it."

3. I asked Princess Buttercup why she was fretting so much over her Christmas list in early November. She replies, "It's my pensive nature, Mom!"

4. I turned down a piece of chocolate after dinner and W. Bear says, "Oh no! Mom's lost her mind!" Tater says, "Oh no!!" W. Bear says, "Oh no! We're being dramatic!"

5. I'm giving a spelling test to Buttercup and I say, "The word is forty-eight, in ten years I'll be forty-eight." W. Bear says, "Mom, that makes you thirty-eight now."
Buttercup says, "No W., she's twenty-nine!"

P.S. Check out the award winning love cook create knit's free giveaway.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Dawn, I must confess that I don't usually read your blog....because I didn't really know the URL, BUT Steve will occasionally tell me that you wrote "such and such" on your blog. He reads it when Justin mentions something there.

I'll read yours if you read mine?

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/rhodeisland/

Keep in mind that I am blogging for TOS, so I need to put up RI events on a regular basis.

I never get comments.

Anonymous said...

I read your review on Amazon and you did quite well. I also liked the response from that MAMAMIA person. She agreed but she missed the point on the unconditional love thing. She seemed to think you were implying that unconditional love means ignoring the imperfections. She missed the point that love means love...warts and all. The warts make marriage a infinitely rewarding challenge rather than a Disney Princess story.
In regard to the other person who asked if you had kids.....you want I should bust her leg?

kenny g said...

I wanted to comment on C. MaGee but Amazon says one has to make a purchase in order to post. But then, Amazon doesn't sell any books on how to remove feet from the mouth.......

geisme said...

OH my goodness! I have to learn not to read things saying they are funny in the hours when everyone else is asleep. Out of the mouths of babes- & the math??? on your age? too stinking funny!
Sushi date coming up! Woohoo!

Sandy said...

Hilarious! I want to hear more parenting ideas. Small but powerful things that even a kids-in-school-parent could use. You're amazing. keep up the good work. -Sandy (thanks for the "plug") :)

Anonymous said...

Sandy...dont let the rabid homeschooler con you into thinking that parents-with-kids-in-school are any less capable or loving than parents-who-homeschool. Miss Homeschooler had to enroll her kids in kickball league after an outing with my in-school kids.

The Domestic Goddess said...

I never said or implied any such thing, Anonymous. And I'm not rabid. I'm not foaming at the mouth or growling at anyone (yet).

Sandy said...

I was simply requesting on-going posts on some great ideas that you've run into in your homeschooling travels since basically you've made a career out of it -- personally, as an enthusiastic / hands-on parent of in-school kids I'd love some ideas that WE could use, understanding that our time is more limited with our children. Like, I love the character cards ideas. This isn't something I'd really expect (or necessarily want) a public school to do. (like, I wasn't offended at any point ... just in case anyone was wondering.) :) peace, Sandy

Anonymous said...

Sandy....I am the rabid homeschoolers brother. We have had this ongoing tongue-in-cheek thing about homeschooling for years. A couple of years ago our kids decided to play kickball and discovered that her kids had never played kickball before. I stated that this was evidence of the inherent superiority of in-school kids. She apparently does not agree with my use of kickball as an educational yardstick. At that point we stuck our tongues out at each other and went swimming.

- Pesky Older Brother