Monday, June 09, 2008

Paris Hilton and the End Times

Some people see certain world events as signs that the end times are near. Events such as war, earthquakes, tsunamis, etc. I see things like "Paris Hilton's My New BFF (Best Friends Forever)" and I know for certain God is in heaven saying, "I have had it with the lack of imagination! And people prostituting themselves for five minutes of notoriety! Call out the hell fire and brimstone!" Ok, enough blaspheming.

It has come to my attention that MTV, that bastion of quality broadcasting, has a new show in which 20 or so young people "compete" to be Paris Hilton's new best friend. Initially, I was just going to unleash the snarky hounds of hell and mock Paris and all that she is, but I thought, that's not what a nice Domestic Goddess would do. Then, as I cleaned up the pancake syrup that my son spilled all over the floor, wall and table, it occurred to me that I have a few qualities that might make me a perfect BFF for my home girl Paris.

  1. I already own a pair of Manolo Blahniks (got 'em at Savers for $6.00!)
  2. I've been to Paris, as in France
  3. I have a cute entourage, my kids. This is valuable on a couple of levels; it’s always good to look like you have lots of friends; with my kiddos, there's always adventure and when you get into that next media hot spot for a poorly made video, ask any politician, a photo op with a bunch of cute kids does wonders.
  4. I brine my chicken. No really, Paris, you have no idea how important this is.
  5. I love sushi
  6. I'm use to being up at 3:00 am with whiney kids
  7. I already have a terribly sexy hubby, so I won't be stealing your boyfriend ('cause, you know, like everyone knows men find petite middle aged women with five kids hawt!)

So Paris, girlfriend, give me a call!

3 comments:

GE is me said...

Does this mean you'd actually replace me as one of your BFF's w/HER??? :)
G-friend, I thought I had too much time on my hands reading blogs, what the heck are you reading?????????

The Domestic Goddess said...

There's no replacing you, dear (that reads on many levels, eh?)

Unknown said...

Who are you calling middle aged? :-O