Wednesday, February 27, 2008

On the Verge of Blasphemy...

I used to think that the reason why Jesus appeared to women first is because it reflected how high God esteemed women. My friend Jen pointed out perhaps another reason Jesus chose women.

What would have happened after Jesus appeared to the men first:
Guy A "Hey did you catch that game last night? It was insane!"
Guy B "Yeah, it was. Hey, speaking of games, did you know Jesus is alive?"
Guy A "No, man, that's awesome! Wanna grab a burger?"
Guy B "Nah"
Guy A "Whatever"

What probably happened after Jesus appeared to Mary Magdalene & the others:
Lady A "Oh my goodness, I just saw the most amazing thing!"
Lady B "Wait, let me call Martha over! Martha, come hear this!"
Lady A "Jesus is alive! I just saw him, walking and alive and I was sooo happy, I cried! By the way, nice sandals!"
Lady B "Thanks! That's amazing you saw Jesus! I'm so jealous of you! How did he look? Was he feeling ok?"
Lady A "Well, like I told Mary and Elizabeth and Esther, he looked just like a normal person only his hair was shiny and his clothes were white!"
Lady B "White clothes? I wonder where he got those from? Did he say anything to you?"
Lady A "Well, no, but the angel said, 'Do not be amazed. You seek Jesus the Nazarene who has been crucified. He was raised. He is not here. See the place where they put Him?' "
Lady B "You didn't tell me there was an angel!"
Lady A "Oh I'm sorry, I guess I'm just too excited. I have to go tell the disciples!"
Lady B "I'm going to tell my sisters and the girls at the market!"

Women...the vastly more effect public alert system.

4 comments:

Justin said...

Wow. This is one of the funniest and most insightful things I've read in a while. And I'm not saying that just because we share a bed. -Bo

GE is me said...

yes you are, but that's okay! :)
That was too funny last night! I am so glad & blessed to call y'all friends. See this is why you weren't allowed to move! :)
-G

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

LOVE IT!! SOOO TRUE! I'm one of Judith's friends she said she was bringing... thanks for the laugh keep it up!

Anonymous said...

You are a riot! Glad I thought to check on my CCC bloggers tonight. Read a few entries before this one also. Thanks for the truth reminders and smiles! Now I must get some shut eye so I don't whine along with the kiddos tomorrow.