Friday, February 29, 2008

Never Eat Flourless Chocolate Torte Before Bed

Now I can't sleep.
I've been reading "A Life in Secrets: Vera Atkins and the Missing Agents of WWII". Then I watched The Bourne Ultimatum. All this spy stuff is cool but I don't think I'd make a good spy.

Agent: "You undercover name is Alice Roberts."
Me: "Can't I be Raven Le Diva?"
Agent: "Will you grow up?!"
Me: "How about Paris Hilton?"

Unfriendly foreign agent: "Tell us what's in the secret file!"
Me: "Nope."
Unfriendly foreign agent: "We'll give you a Caramel Macchiato, a Borders gift card and a foot rub."
Me: "Make that a grande Macchiato and you've got yourself a deal."

Agent: "Where's the secret file?"
Me: "Sorry, Baby got it."
Agent: "What?! The enemy has our file?"
Me: "No, my two year old. He also dropped the surveillance equipment in the toilet with the Polly Pockets. I'm beginning to think he works for the other side."

Agent: "We have a problem in Crazistan!"
Me: "Yeah, well, its 5:30, I've got nothing defrosted for dinner, I'm out of milk and Baby needs a new diaper so don't tell me about your problems!!"

Agent: "We need you to go deep undercover for six weeks in the People's Republic of Uh-oh."
Me: "Can I watch 'The Office' on Thursday?"
Agent: "This is a serious situation."
Me: "But its an all new episode!"

Agent: "The enemy agent is on the move! We've gotta go!"
Me: "Hey, I'm tryin' to blog here, will you stop hassling me?!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL - you're much funnier than I after midnight; hope you can sleep now; I'm heading off to bed myself and hoping I don't fall into that 5:30 trouble scenario tomorrow; it's happened way more often than I'd like to admit; sleep tight