Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This Is Why I Love Him...

We're at the blood center this evening so Bo Hunkmeister can do his quarterly donation and the nurses are making small talk. Noticing me and my width, which is at its greatest at the end of the day, one nurse asks the usual set of questions: When are you due? Do you know what you're having? How many kids do you have? And this last one is my favorite because of the response we get when we say this is our sixth baby. So we tell the nurse this is our sixth baby, her eyes pop, her jaw drops and without missing a beat, Bo says, "You might take my blood but you can't slow me down."

Ain't he the greatest?


by the way, did you know 35% of Americans are eligible to give blood but only 3% of them do so?

3 comments:

geisme said...

Go Bo!!! I wish I had that quick wit. I'm one of those who 3 hours later says, I should've said.....
I'd give blood, but they don't like me any more. Wish I could, I appreciate all who do, since it helped my mom.

MaryEllen said...

Woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

I hate not being able to donate! I'm eligible, and have donated since I turned 18, but since having the kiddos, my iron is too low. It just got too frustrating to keep going back, only to be rejected. :(

Hey, congrats on the news of the newest baby--Maria told me a while ago, I'm just slacking in the congratulations department. :)

Amanda