Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fight the Frump From Within


My dear friend Gail recently turned me onto a great blog "Mrs. Fussypants Guide to Life" which I have been reading diligently. If only I could apply that diligence to say...schooling the kids.....eating right....exercising....silly things like that. But I digress...

Anyway, Fussy has a great Friday feature called "Fight the Frump" and I couldn’t agree with her more. Just because you had only four hours of sleep, the baby is fussy and you have constant schmutz on you, that doesn't mean you shouldn't look your best. Studies have shown that (don't you just love that phrase? what study? by who? when?) when you dress well, you feel better about yourself and what mom doesn't want to feel better about herself?

Just like the saying 'Beauty comes from within', so does frumpiness. That's right ladies, I'm talking about your unmentionables, your support system, your undies!

At this point, I'm going to ask all men and people related to me to find another blog lest I embarrass them or me.

Now where was I? Oh yes. Honey, if you're wearing the underpants that go up to your ribs (something that big can't possibly be called panties) and a bra with more fabric than the shirt you have on, you're going to feel frumpy. If you have something pretty and lacey underneath, you'll feel pretty, and some of that countenance will be evident even when cleaning up the juice spills. You need to get yourself something that's relatively new, perhaps with some color and definitely with elastic that works! Now I'm not saying you have to go to Victoria's Secret and drop loads of cash for...well...what amounts to 12" of very thin ribbon. But get something you can afford that you can look at and say "Gee, that's pretty!" versus "Hey, it's on sale!" Start being stylish from the get-go 'cause girlfriend, you are worth it!

8 comments:

GE is me said...

So are you going to link to Fussy for Friday? Did you get your earrings yet? BTW- nice post. I don't think it would embarrass any of your male friends or family members. In fact if they're married & the wife reads, who knows maybe they'll benefit. :)
Am I getting you addicted to blogs?

Darla said...

Awwww you're worth it too!

Kendra said...

Ohhh yes we are .... we are sooo worth it! Great Post.

Kristen said...

Great job. AND, I'm throwing out all my GRANNY underpants right away! LOL

Musings of a Housewife said...

Excellent advice! Preach it, sistah! :-)

Valarie Lea said...

Good advice. Who wants extra material bunching up under their clothes. Not Me

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are worth it. We all are. We moms sometimes forget to put ourselves on "the list" - great reminder. :)

PhotoChick said...

Very good advice! I definitely take it on the panties, but on the bra I'm more in the middle. Not a HUGE granny bra, but definitely ample coverage & support, lets say. They don't exactly stay where they're supposed to without a really good bra.

Again, great post! Happy Frump Fighting! Take care & God Bless