Thursday, December 11, 2008

Random Thoughts #2

1. If I'm the Domestic Goddess, then my parents are Grandparent Dieties. They took my three little boys to their house for a week. The peace and quiet here at Casa La Diva was, it the words of Cory Booker, pure "deliciousness." Of course, now that the puppies are back here, my mother is befuddled by the enormous silence at her house.

2. Bo Hunkmeister wrote a thought provoking post here. Give him some comment crack, y'all.

3. If anyone knows of an obstetrician or midwife willing to let me do a VBAC in the state of Rhode Island, please call me. If you know some one willing to let me birth in a jacuzzi, I'll throw in $100 finder's fee for you.

4. See this little bundle of cuteness?

Hard to believe that he once pushed my stomach up so high that I'd get heartburn in my eye balls. Or that he'd do a rendition of Lord of the Dance on my bladder every morning at 6:00 am. Or that he made me want to eat everything in a ten mile radius. Hard to believe he's going to be 7 in a few days.

5. Speaking of babies, I have to take a three hour glucose tolerance test on Saturday. That means not eating anything past 10:00 pm on Friday and then subsisting all Saturday morning on a hideously sweet drink all while getting four blood tests. I can't help but think if men got pregnant, there would be a better test than this. Like, eat this pizza, have a beer and we'll give you one blood test while you watch "Remember the Titans".

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! Seven! Where has the time gone, baby?

Anonymous said...

Hey! No fair! I did a glucose tolerance test, and it was exactly as you describe it.

And I'm a guy!

And I'm not pregnant!

(However, I look pregnant . . . ).

Unknown said...

Hey Dawn,

My NYC midwife would let you do both... Have you tried the mothering.com boards for finding a rhode island midwife? how far are you from boston? i think i spoke to a midwife there when i was searching for mine... i can try and find her contact info for you if you want.

-celine

Amanda Towne said...

I would take that test even if I wasn't pregnant! LOL (The pizza, movie one, not the regular one.)

Our pastor's daughter just had a VBAC in RI. I'll ask her who she went to...

Amy said...

A friend of mine is having a home birth in Feb. I'll call her tomorrow and get her midwife's number for you. I'm hoping you like her and she's willing to do it...I need the 100 bucks! Glad you posted, it had been awhile and I was getting worried.

Amy said...

A friend of mine is having a home birth in Feb. I'll call her tomorrow and get her midwife's number for you. I'm hoping you like her and she's willing to do it...I need the 100 bucks! Glad you posted, it had been awhile and I was getting worried.

geisme said...

@Bo, you know what they say? "Time flies when you are having fun!" Um, I resemble the "Remember the Titans" remark. That is one of my all time fav. movies.
And wow, does W-bear look like JJ in that picture.

Mamala said...

This is from your loving Mamala -
I am outraged at the glucose tolerance test!!! I can't believe a doctor worth his salt would give it to a pregnant woman. It is a very, in my opinion, brutal test - hard on you and the baby. Is there any way to make them wait until after you deliver?
Your very, very concerned Mamala

Unknown said...

my 1st attempt at a midwife here made me wait 2 months for an apt. then bumped me for being to risky! and no vbac involved.
say happy birthday to the flipster from noah!
p.s. this one is a girl!