Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas!

This is our new electronic Christmas card! Also known as “I couldn’t get my act together to do the real thing!” Every Christmas, I normally make baked goods for the neighbors, decorate the house, and make Christmas cards with the kids to mail to our friends and relatives. This year, I’m counting it progress that I’ve vacuumed recently. I actually thought about just buying some Christmas cards and sending them out, but my Art-School-Itis kicked in.

We are also trying to save money for our new 25 passenger van (with flame decals) to accommodate our growing brood. Considering the cost of postage these days and the lack of a government bailout for my Christmas plans, something had to go. I mean, my card mailing list used to be about 60 people, but courtesy of Facebook, that list has grown to 150. Besides, by blogging I can tell you more of what’s going on in our lives because I love to hear what’s going on in your lives.

So here goes...

In April, we received a new play set with help from the grandparents.

With four boys, this one ought to last at least two years before it begs to be put out to pasture. If we have any more kids, we might ask the grandparents for help with the purchase of a cattle ranch somewhere out west.

In May, Bo Hunkmeister did his piratey thing.

I think he makes an excellent pirate. I had started making plans in my head to join him for next year's encampment but God had other ideas – like Baby Number 6 (who is still being referred to as Gummi – any suggestions for alternative names will be gladly considered).

The big event of the year was our RV trip to Oklahoma. We all had a terrific time and being true children of the new millennium, we blogged about it here. We hope one day to do a trip all the way across the U.S.

In September, we went to North Carolina to visit my brother. Luckily, no hamsters were harmed on this trip and a fun time was had by all (right, guys?… guys?). Again, I emphasize, get thee to a southern pot luck!

Justin still works for Newfangled Web Factory, a fabulous company (oh, hey Mark) and if any of you have a large corporation that wants its website re-done, these guys are top shelf. I’m still homeschooling the kids in between making desserts with too much sugar in them.

As for the children, they’re still growing despite my protestations.

Princess Buttercup is now 11, a lovely young lady who takes her nose out of a book only long enough to sleep, eat and periodically shower.
Princess Git-Er-Done is nine, a promising violinist and all ready showing herself to be quite the capable mother, albeit some 10-12 years earlier than necessary.
W. Bear just turned seven and is showing signs of becoming an engineer. If you’re lucky, he'll show you some of his cool dance moves.
Tater, who’s four, loves to sing, is learning to write and still knows how to charm the dickens out of Mom.
And that leaves two-year old Baby and, well I've already blogged enough about him.

But enough about me, how about you? Thank you to all who sent us cards (and delivered some yummy baked goods!)
Carolyn – congrats on the new baby! Any names yet?
Maura – congrats on the new baby! Any names yet?
(what is with all you ladies having babies, anyway?)
Maresy – your kids are too cute. Where’s Marilyn?
Bob – find the body yet?
John – you have fine young men there. By the way, Happy Birthday.
Judy – thank you for your kind words, we’d love for you to visit if you’re ever in New England.
Lisa – your girls are beautiful.
Kate – your girls are beautiful too and you need to have a book contract (I didn't take your car).

I wish you all a wonderful holiday and many blessings in the new year!

4 comments:

GE is me said...

Wow, hey, thanks for the mention. ( Oh, you didn't mention me-okay, just had to bust on you.) ;) Ohhh, I didn't send Christmas cards for the same reason you didn't. Well, almost the same- cost of postage, no job= no money for Christmas card.
I like the idea that you had about blogging your Christmas card. I was just going to e-mail everyone in my list. :)
-Gail

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you all!

Mark O'Brien said...

Thanks for the fab "card", and the shout out! Merry Christmas to all Kerrs, present and future.

meka foo said...

Merry Christmas to all of you too! Baby is named, but we're keeping the name top secret lest someone try to change our minds! Hope to see you all often in the New Year!