Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Technology

My brother recently put me in touch with a friend of his from high school (the editor of the aforementioned Daily Oy). It's really kind of cool to instantly communicate with someone so far away. However, I'm befuddled by the myriad of ways to do so. Do I respond as a comment on his blog? Do I write on my blog? Do I post any of this on Facebook?
Maybe it's pregnancy brain, but I'm having a hard time getting my head around the whole Facebook idea. I still don't know what a poke is. My only guess is that it's another way to waste time (was that sarcastic? it's the head cold speaking). And keeping up with the comments flying around on my "wall". It's like when my kids all start speaking to me at once. Ack! Quiet!
My brother sent me a friend request. I'M YOUR SISTER! I'VE PUT UP WITH YOU FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE!! And in all honesty, he's put up with the little princess herself for at least 38 years. I'd say we're already friends of some sort, aren't we? Thanks to Facebook for making me come out of the closet and say that. As a friend once pointed out, "The more ways I have to communicate, the less I do so." (someone contact MXB and tell him to e-mail, call, Facebook, IM, ping, poke, whatever)
All right, enough ranting. Time to eat. Then find a sunny spot to take a nap in.

No comments: