Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A New Reason to Love Mamala

There are many reasons I love my Mother in Law. For example:
  1. She likes sushi
  2. She doesn't fuss at me about how I raise the kids
  3. She's stylish
  4. She introduced me to Trader Joe's
  5. She reads my blog
  6. She produced my husband
  7. She's not a high maintenance house guest
  8. She's great with the kids without spoiling them rotten

I could go on but the reason that trumps all of the above is this recipe she sent me recently:

CHOCOLATE CAKE-IN-A-MUG
1 coffee mug
4 Tbsp. cake flour (plain, not self-rising)
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa
pinch of salt
1 egg
3 Tbsp. milk
3 Tbsp. oil
Small splash of vanilla
3 Tbsp. chocolate chips, optional

Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well with a fork.
Add egg, mix thoroughly.
Pour in milk and oil and vanilla, mix well.
Add chips, if using.
Put mug in microwave, and cook for three minutes on 1000 watts (may be slightly less depending on you microwave).
Cake will rise over top of mug--do not be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little; tip onto a plate if desired.
Eat!
(This can serve two if you want to feel slightly more virtuous.)


Oh yes, that's right, molten chocolate cake can be yours for five minutes of effort.
Now I ask you, how can you not love a woman who shares this bit of yumminess with you?!?

1 comment:

Mamala said...

Mamala says thank you, thank you. I love you too. I may print and frame all the kudos. Seriously thinking about it. And I am delighted that the recipee actually works. I have not tried it for two very good reasons: 1. no microwave 2. am trying very hard to break my current run with my chocolate addiction.
xxxooo, Mamala